Its very easy and simple to type in Punjabi/Gurmukhi (Punjabi Typing) using English Keyboard.
Special Characters and Various Signs:
- English to Punjabi Translation
- Convert Unicode to Asees Punjabi Font
- English to Punjabi Typing in Android Phone Free App Download
Just type the text in English in the given box and press space, it will convert the text in Punjabi script. Click on a word to see more options. To switch between Punjabi and English use ctrl + g. Now copy the text and use it anywhere on emails, chat, Facebook, twitter or any website. Punjabi Font display problem and Solution
Punjabi type is very simple type in English as you speak, this software is work on phonetic system, so it convert English to Punjabi. As you type in English it will show you suggestion words so you can type exact you want and also save your time with its auto complete feature of Punjabi typing.
The English to Punjabi converted text in Punjabi Unicode font so you can use it any where on internet to show Punjabi text. Use it at Facebook, Twitter and in comments. It's very important to type in Punjabi so we can express our feeling with the Punjabi typed words it's not possible with English. This also known as English to Punjabi converter and English to Punjabi translate.
How to Type in Panjabi
Punjabi Typing is very easy with above method. Just type in English as you type messages in Mobile and press space bar. It will convert in Punjabi. If you think you don't get desired word, you can press backspace key to open word suggestion list from which you can choose another suitable word of Punjabi language. Suggestions list will also appear when you click on that word with mouse. India Typing is Free and Fastest method for Type in Punjabi, without practicing Punjabi or Gurumukhi keyboard actually.
1. Type with your English keyboard and press space bar.
2. You will see your English typed word gets converted in Panjabi.
3. If you don't get desired word, you can press backspace key to get more suggestion words, choose one from them. (To pop-up suggestion list you can click on particular word also)
4. If not found your desired word in suggestion list, try another combinations of English letters. This Punjabi transliteration works on Phonetics so make English letters combination as the sound vibrates from your mouth.
5. Even if not get desired word/Character in Gurumukhi, you can click on help button to get full virtual Gurumukhi typing keyboard.
6. You can download your typed Punjabi text as either notepad file (.txt) or MS-Word file (.doc).
7. After completing your Punjabi typing work, you can make formatting with open in editor option.
Explore Punjabi Typing
Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ) is Official language of Punjab state in India and also spoken widely in Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi. Almost 130 million (i.e. 13 Crore) peoples speaks Panjabi language worldwide. Punjabi is a only tonal Indo-Aryan language evolved from Prakrit Language.
"Gurumukhi (ਗੁਰਮੁਖੀ) script" is developed from "Landa script". Gurumukhi script is an abugida i.e. write from left to right. The Dandi (।) is used in Gurmukhi to mark the end of a sentence. A doubled Dandi (॥) marks the end of a verse.
The Gurmukhi script consists 35 letters including 32 consonants and 3 vowel holders,and is written from left to right.
Do you Know ? What we speak is language, so Punjabi is a language and What we write is known as script, so Gurumukhi is a script. We Speak "Punjabi" and Write in "Gurumukhi" script.
Gurumukhi (Panjabi) Alphabets
Gujarati alphabets consists 12 vowels and 36 consonants.
1. Vowels in Punjabi
3 vowels of Punjabi script are following.
ੳ, ਅ, ੲ
2. Consonants in Gujarati
A. Primary : Gurumukhi alphabet consist 32 primary letters (consonants) are following.
ਸ, ਹ, ਕ, ਖ, ਗ, ਘ, ਙ, ਚ, ਛ, ਜ, ਝ, ਞ, ਟ, ਠ, ਡ, ਢ, ਣ, ਤ, ਥ, ਦ, ਧ, ਨ, ਪ, ਫ, ਬ, ਭ, ਮ, ਯ, ਰ, ਲ, ਵ, ੜ
B. Secondary : Gurumukhi alphabet consist 6 secondary letters (consonants)are following.
ਸ਼, ਖ਼, ਗ਼, ਜ਼, ਫ਼, ਲ਼
3. Gurumukhi Punjabi Numerals
Numerals are written symbols used to represent numbers. Gurumukhi Punjabi has its own set of numeric signs given below.
Punjabi Numerals ੦, ੧, ੨, ੩, ੪, ੫, ੬, ੭, ੮, ੯
English Numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Frequently Asked Questions ?
1. Is it safe type important document here on website ?
Yes, we respect your privacy and don't save your typed text on our server; actually we don't know what you are typing here. What you have typed is with your computer only.
2. How the English to Punjabi converter works ?
It is Punjabi Transliteration, in fact it's a machine transliteration software as service, enables you to type in Punjabi right from your English keyboard.
3. How to change font of Punjabi text ?
What you have typed with English to Punjabi converter is in Unicode font so its very portable means you can use this Punjabi text anywhere on the digital world. You can copy from here and paste it on Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter, blogs, comment section at any site. You could download Punjabi text in either as notepad file (.txt format) or document file (MS word).
If you are looking for change font of your typed content you have to click on Font Converter Menu above and convert in Various font format or download Punjabi text and open with MS word or Notepad and change font family. You can download Punjabi Unicode fonts from website.
4. Can I get my typed Punjabi text in English also ?
Yes, you can get English translation of your text. Just copy the Punjabi text you have typed and paste on Punjabi to English translator tool. You will get translation in seconds.
5. What is the difference between transliteration and translation ?
Transliteration is the process of changing the script of words from one language to another language. While on another hand, a translation tells you the meaning of words in another language.
6. Country of Origin ?
This website is made in India with love.